COLLECTIONS WRITTEN TEST ANSWERS
For each of the following circle "True" or "False":
1. A patient who is not satisfied with treatment does not have to pay.
2. If the divorce decree states that the father is
responsible for medical bills, you may not pursue the mother if she brings the child in for treatment.
3. You may not call a patient after 8 p.m.
4. You must accept a $5 payment from a patient no matter how large the bill is.
5. If you are a participating provider for an HMO or PPO, there is nothing you can do if you are not happy with the plan's determination of payment.
6. You may not call patients at work.
7. Checks that are postdated are illegal.
8. You must wait at least 30 days before turning past-due accounts over to collection.
9. You may not turn a patient's account over for collection without first informing him.
10. You may not charge insurance companies for additional information.
11. If the insurance company says you are charging more than is "usual and customary," there is nothing you can do.
12. You may not charge interest on medical bills.
13. The only person you may speak to regarding the debt is the patient.
14. If a patient owes you money, you may withhold transferring medical records until he pays you.
15. You may not run credit checks on your patients without their permission.
16. It's illegal to sue on a medical debt.
Back to the article "Written Tests Can Help You Hire the Best Employees"