Current Practice Trends and Treatment Guidelines for Reducing Hypercholesterolemia Risk
Considering the National Cholesterol Education Program’s guidelines for treating patients with hypercholesterolemia, managed care’s greatest challenge is the underdiagnosis and undertreatment of this condition. This supplement derives from a meeting of medical and legal experts who convened to discuss these and other issues faced by those who manage and treat patients with hypercholesterolemia. These concerns are discussed from the perspectives of practitioners, health plans, employers, and health economists.
- NCEP Guidelines for Treatment of Hypercholesterolemia
- Clinical and Economic Benefits of a Cardiovascular Risk-Reduction Program
- Employer Objectives Behind Value-Based Purchasing for Pharmacy Benefits
- A Pharmacoeconomic Approach to Managing Lipids
- Roundtable Discussion: Meeting the Challenges of Treating and Managing Hypercholesterolemia