Managing the Spectrum of Cardiovascular Care
This supplement is the second of two reports that derive from the 2004 Medical Director Colloquy, an interactive forum between top medical managers and an expert faculty comprising medical and business professionals. Decision makers in managed care have a range of concerns relative to cardiovascular disease management, from optimal treatment approaches to cost efficiency and integration of new technologies. This supplement invites readers to benefit from the exchange of ideas that took place at the 2004 Medical Director Colloquy, including an examination of best practices, from theory to implementation.
- A disease management program for congestive heart failure
- An effective ìpay for performanceî program
- First-line therapy for the metabolic syndrome
- Race as a crude predictor of clinical factors
- The effects of genetic variation across human populations
- Weight management strategies for children and adolescents