The Demographic Revolution of Healthcare
The proceedings of the 14th Annual Managed Healthcare Symposium provided a riveting series of presentations and panel discussions about the health policy implications of the aging baby boom cohort. Health plan medical and pharmacy directors, decision makers for integrated health systems and pharmacy benefit managers, and other managed care executives in attendance heard thought-provoking presentations about demographic shifts, drug-related morbidity and mortality, forms of health care rationing, and direct-to-consumer pharmaceutical advertising.
- Demographic Shifts: The Age Wave
- The Health Care Picture
- Healthcare’s Uncertain Future
- Impact of Aging on Payer, Provider, and Patient
- DTC: A Powerful Tool for Information and Education
- Special motivational presentations by Jerri Nielsen, MD, and Mitch Albom