U.S. News & World Report and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) have released the third edition of America’s Best Health Plans, an annual ranking of health maintenance organizations and point-of-service plans. The online version, available on «www.usnews.com», allows visitors to search, sort, and compare more than 500 commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid health plans based on quality of care and service. The Web site also identifies the 150 plans that chose to report no data.
The rankings are based on more than 100 aspects of clinical performance, such as a plan’s ability to help diabetic members meet a blood pressure target number, and customer satisfaction, such as how satisfied members are with specialists they see.
The top 10 commercial plans are:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Tufts Associated Health Maintenance Organization
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care of New England
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Health Net of Connecticut
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
- Health New England
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield