Give them what they want

Nine in 10 executives participating in the KPMG survey on consumer influence agreed that health care organizations will develop new products and offer more choices in response to patient demand. Some innovative examples of how plans are responding to consumer preference:

  • A health plan offers transportable coverage for “snowbirds.”
  • An academic medical center in a high-immigrant area is creating a Spanish-speaking IPA.
  • An insurer is redesigning products to let the “healthy 80 percent” of its members manage their own care, while placing tighter care management on the other 20 percent

Our most popular topics on